- 8 ounces (225g) whole wheat or chickpea pasta (penne, fusilli, or any shape you prefer)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup bell peppers (any color), diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, finely chopped red onion, sliced black olives, and torn fresh basil leaves.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, honey (or maple syrup), salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss until everything is well coated.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the dressed vegetables and gently toss to combine, making sure the dressing is evenly distributed throughout the salad.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Cover the pasta salad and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When serving, you can garnish with some extra fresh basil leaves if desired.